Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Tea, Spice, and Natural Dyes on Silk and Cotton Fibers!

My online classes continue at www.academyofquilting.com.

Here are some photos of the work my students have done in this course:


Tea on cotton made into a pillow front


Sampler of spice dyeing attempts on cotton


More tea samples on cotton


Rust stain dyeing on silk made into curtains


Tea stained cotton items


Red onion skins on left, and brown onion skins on right



Blueberry stains on silk using different mordants


Bit of wool experimentation using Easter Eggs dyes

Let me know if you have questions or comments! Would love to have you join us for more dyeing fun. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Woodland, California, United States
I am a fiber artist. I am a teacher. I am a Reverend. I teach, I create, I counsel, I listen.

Blog Archive

Followers

Blogs & Webs







site meter