Saturday, October 11, 2014
Over the past 40+ years of dyeing fabric, I have picked up a few pointers that I would like to share with you:
1) If you insist on wearing your favorite clothes into a space that contains fabric dye, it is guaranteed that they will get dye on them before you leave that space.
2) Never trust an open jar of Fuchsia powdered MX dye. EVER.
3) Very few people like the color orange, but the ones who do are fanatical about it.
4) If you have to chose between a workspace that is topped with plastic or glass, always go for the glass. ALWAYS.
5) Rubber gloves do not stay where you last put them. EVER.
6) Dyeing stuff while wearing shorts and flip flops is a combination for disaster and yet it is something that must be done. Challenge yourself to see how little skin gets colorful.
Posted by Marjie at 1:14 PM
- ► 2015 (18)
- ▼ 2014 (11)
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (45)
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (71)