Today I was back at it after a nice break in the action fixing broken plumbing and chasing down mice.
Here is a picture of the side panels ready for the dye to be applied. I accidentally deleted the picture of the panels with the dye on them. Sorry.
It was a nice sunny day with no rain in the forecast which is excellent. Once this project is completed then I pray that the heavens will open up and the reservoirs receive their much needed water.
Our daughter is leaving for her next stint with WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms). Her last tour was in France. Her next session will on The Big Island -Hawaii. She is studying sustainable agriculture with an emphasis in textiles. The farm she will be working on specializes in coffee, bees, fruit and sheep. Today was busy as we took care of the things that need to be done for her stay which will be anywhere from 2 months to a full year.
Tomorrow (day 10) I will finish dyeing the side panels. Wednesday I hope to wax banner #2. I will paint on the first layer of dyes and let them cure. Thursday I will apply the second layer of dye. Friday- last layer of dye. This weekend I need to rest and regroup. Next Monday, I'll begin sewing the backs to the fronts. Tuesday should be my day to hang the piece to get photographs before it is shipped. If all goes well, I should be able to ship this piece on Wednesday. That is the Fantasy Plan. You will see the Reality Plan as we move along the road.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (45)
- I've lost track of what day this is-
- Day 12
- Days 10 and 11
- Day 10
- Day 9
- Fixing a leak and battling back the vermin in Mt S...
- Taking the day off-
- Day 8
- Day 7
- Day 6
- Day 5-banner work
- It's Saturday!
- Day 4-Banner Project
- Day 3-banner project
- Day 2- Banner project
- Starting banners for Sierra Vista United Methodist...
- Banner Art going out to West Texas
- E-newsletter to be sent out this weekend!
- Hi Lorraine!
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2008 (71)